Out of Country Request (Student)

Instructions to complete the form

  1. Fill out Page 1, including whether you wish to maintain CSU Health Insurance while out of the country.
  2. Give Page 2 to your Academic Advisor or Education Abroad Advisor to sign and return to you.
  3. Submit the completed form to the front desk of Laurel Hall or email it to isss@colostate.edu . If you are an F-1 student, a new I-20 will be issued to you with remarks stating your approval to be out of the country.


  • To be eligible for Out-of-Country status, the student must be participating in a CSU approved Study Abroad program or be a graduate or doctoral student conducting research abroad as part of their U.S. academic program.
  • If an ISSS Advisor approves you for Out-of-Country status, your SEVIS record will remain in “ACTIVE” status and you will be allowed to re-enter the U.S.
  • If you will not be maintaining a U.S. address in your absence, please update your RAMweb account with the Office of International Programs address: 1024 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1024.
  • If you will not be enrolled in a full course of study during your time out of the U.S., please submit a Reduced Credit Load e-form with your Out-of-Country Request Form.