Out of Country Request (Student)
Instructions to complete the form
- Fill out Page 1, including whether you wish to maintain CSU Health Insurance while out of the country.
- Give Page 2 to your Academic Advisor or Education Abroad Advisor to sign and return to you.
- Submit the completed form to the front desk of Laurel Hall or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are an F-1 student, a new I-20 will be issued to you with remarks stating your approval to be out of the country.
- To be eligible for Out-of-Country status, the student must be participating in a CSU approved Study Abroad program or be a graduate or doctoral student conducting research abroad as part of their U.S. academic program.
- If an ISSS Advisor approves you for Out-of-Country status, your SEVIS record will remain in “ACTIVE” status and you will be allowed to re-enter the U.S.
- If you will not be maintaining a U.S. address in your absence, please update your RAMweb account with the Office of International Programs address: 1024 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1024.
- If you will not be enrolled in a full course of study during your time out of the U.S., please submit a Reduced Credit Load e-form with your Out-of-Country Request Form.