This year, over 400 new international students will attend International Orientation on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 20-21, 2019. Orientation is required for all newly-admitted international students, scholars, and exchange students at Colorado State University–learn more about it below. Please arrive for Orientation the weekend before, on Saturday or Sunday, August 17 or 18. Remember to make sure you have temporary housing for your first few nights if needed!
At Orientation, you will:
- Orient yourself to the many resources and services on campus, such as the Health Network, CSUPD, and more.
- Meet the international student advisors, who will help you understand how to remain in a legal immigration status.
- Understand CSU academic expectations and learn classroom success strategies.
- Build relationships and make friendships with other new international rams and the Cultural Mentors.
- Learn about Fort Collins International Center, a community non-profit working with our office to help you feel welcome and get involved both on campus and in the community.
- Learn about Ram History and Tradition!
- Have your questions and concerns answered by a network of people who are here to support you.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Experience a home-cooked meal in an American home at a Community Welcome Dinner.
- Jump-start your involvement in student life by exploring the Resource Fair.
- Purchase basic necessities and learn how to navigate Fort Collins on the shopping and public transportation trips.
Registration for the Fall 2019 Orientation will open in early May 2019.
The Office of International Programs communicates with graduate students about International Graduate Orientation. This webpage is the best resource for all your Orientation needs. The draft schedule will be available in April once registrations open. Email email@example.com with any questions.
If you are unable to attend international graduate orientation on Tuesday, August 20, you will need to sign up for a make-up immigration session once registrations open.
The Orientation and Transition Programs (OTP) website will be your primary resource for information about Orientation. They will communicate with you through email about the schedule and how to register–look for emails from OTP to sign up!
If you are unable to attend international undergraduate orientation on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 20-21, you will need to sign up for a make-up immigration session here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see what else you need to make up.
INTO CSU Conditionally Admitted Students
Conditionally admitted students who are beginning classes at INTO CSU, please refer to INTO CSU Orientation. If you are matriculating from INTO CSU to become a fully-enrolled CSU student, then attend Orientation for International Students–see above.
Mandatory Immigration Document Review
All new international students and scholars are required to complete a mandatory Immigration Document Review shortly after arriving in the U.S. Learn more about this requirement here.
For more information about orientation, please contact Bronwen Watts at email@example.com.