William J. & Jean S. Griswold Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2019 Griswold Scholarship Winners!
The 2019 Griswold Scholarship recipients are Emilyn Sarah Bell and Jessica Egnatovich, both outstanding students with a passion for culturally diverse communities.
Bell is an undergraduate honors student double majoring in Spanish and International Studies with a concentration in Europe and Latin America. She studied abroad for a year in both Spain and Argentina. This opportunity helped her determine her future career goals. Bell hopes to work in a multicultural environment where she can use her Spanish skills and create a welcoming and diverse community. In her last year at CSU, Bell plans to create a documentary film demonstrating the life of individuals living under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy.
Egnatovich is a graduate student studying Spanish and Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL). In her undergraduate students at CSU, she studied abroad in Argentina where she learned Portuguese. Upon returning, Egnatovich began to become exceedingly involved in international community and was able to learn even more languages. Currently in her studies, she is working towards learning German, Korean and Arabic and plans to move to Asia where she will teach English and Spanish as a foreign language. For her thesis research, Egnatovich will focus on language transfer in the acquisition of a third language.
Griswold Scholarship Application
Two $1,000 scholarship awards are given to Colorado State University students each spring. The scholarship is awarded based on depth of studies in the college-level academic fields of history and foreign language, as well as contribution to the greater Colorado State University international community. All students who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet all requirements to be eligible. Griswold Scholarship Requirements:
- Be a current full-time student who has completed one year (2 semesters) at CSU by the end of Fall 2017
- Be continuing full-time studies at CSU through at least May 2019;
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA while at Colorado State University;
- Demonstrated academic involvement in college-level foreign languages AND college-level history courses (AP courses do not count);
- Demonstrated involvement in and commitment to international activities/leadership on the Colorado State University campus.