The Fort Collins International Center(FCIC) organizes outdoor activities for all interested students and community members. The aim of outdoor activities is to provide an active and fun environment for students and community members to enjoy the beauty of Colorado and surrounding states on occasion together. Activities vary from hiking and skiing to snow-shoeing and river rafting trips.
To get involved or to find out more information, please contact Mark Oberschmidt or Steven Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Outdoor Calendar for 2017-2018
The following events highlight the current outdoor events scheduled for the 2017-2018 CSU academic year with dates, location, and leaders through August 2018. Sign-ups for all of the FCIC outdoor trips are done at the Office of International Programs at Laurel Hall. All trips are paid for by Cash only and the exact change is really appreciated.
- 12/09/17: Snow shoe Cameron Pass
- 01/20/18: Snow shoe Estes Park
- 02/03/18: Tubing Beaver Meadows
- 02/24/18: Learn to ski – Snowy Range – Wait-list Open!
- 04/08/18: Crosier Mountain
- 05/20/18: Red Mountain Open Space
- 06/16/18: Vedauwoo WY
- 07/21/18: Cheyenne Frontier Days
- 08/11/18: Twin Sister
If you want to take part in one of the outdoor events check us out on Facebook.
The trip is currently full. Wait-List Sign – Ups are open from Wednesday, Feb 14th until 12 noon on Monday, Feb 19th, 2018. Please sign up for the waitlist here! For further information or questions, please contact ISSS at email@example.com.
Learn to Ski at Snowy Range – Wait List Sign Up!
Location: Snowy Range, Wyoming
Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018
Start Time: Bus leaves from International House at 06:00 am, from the CSU Transit Center at 06:10 am and from Aggie Village Apartments at 06:20 am.
Return time: between 06:00 PM to 06:30 PM to International House, CSU Transit Center and Aggie Village Apartments. (earlier if the weather turns on us)
All Beginner Packages include bus transportation to and from Snowy Range.
- Adult Beginner Package (ski/snowboard, helmet, lift ticket, 2-hour lesson): $119
- CSU Student (requires ID) Beginner Package (ski/snowboard, helmet, lift ticket, 2-hour lesson): $110
- Teen Beginner Package (ages 13-17) ski/snowboard, helmet, lift ticket, 2-hour lesson): $110
- Child Beginner Package (ages 5-12, skis/snowboard, helmet, lift ticket, 2-hour lesson, lunch): $99
- Adult Lift Ticket only: $42
- CSU Student (requires ID) Lift Ticket only: $36
- Teen (13-17) Lift Ticket only: $36
- Youth (5-12) Lift Ticket only: $27
- Adult Ski/Snowboard Rental only (equipment): $22
- CSU Student (requires ID) Ski/Snowboard Rental only (equipment): $19
- Teen (13-17) Ski/Snowboard Rental only: $19
- Youth (5-12) Ski/Snowboard Rental only: $17
- Helmet Only (required): $6
- First timers must attend a mandatory information session the week before the trip.
- Everyone taking lessons must ride the bus to ensure everyone is on time for the lessons.
- Wear warm clothes, snow pants, jacket, hat, gloves, sunglasses or goggles (required)
- Bring a daypack with your lunch and a water bottle.
- No cancellations after February 16th 2018.
The trip is currently full. Wait-List Sign – Ups are open from Wednesday, Feb 14th until 12 noon on Monday, Feb 19th, 2018. Please sign up for the waitlist here! For further information or questions, please contact ISSS at firstname.lastname@example.org