This year, over 400 new international students will attend International Orientation on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 14 & 15, 2018. Orientation is required for all newly-admitted international students, scholars, and exchange students at Colorado State University–learn more about it below. Please arrive for Orientation the weekend before, on Saturday or Sunday, August 11 or 12. Remember to make sure you have temporary housing for your first few nights if needed!
At Orientation, you will:
- Orient yourself to the many resources and services on campus, such as the Health Network, CSUPD, and more.
- Meet the international student advisors, who will help you understand how to remain in a legal immigration status.
- Understand CSU academic expectations and learn classroom success strategies.
- Build relationships and make friendships with other new international rams and the Cultural Mentors.
- Learn about Fort Collins International Center, a community non-profit working with our office to help you feel welcome and get involved both on campus and in the community.
- Learn about Ram History and Tradition!
- Have your questions and concerns answered by a network of people who are here to support you.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Experience a home-cooked meal in an American home at a Community Welcome Dinner.
- Jump-start your involvement in student life by exploring the Resource Fair.
- Purchase basic necessities and learn how to navigate Fort Collins on the shopping and public transportation trips.
If you did not attend Orientation on August 14 you must sign up for a make-up session to go over the required immigration information. Make-up sessions are held in Laurel Hall, and are organized by the International Student and Scholar Services office.
You will be able to register for the Spring 2019 orientation program later in the fall semester.
The Office of International Programs will be communicating with graduate students about International Graduate Orientation. This webpage is the best resource for all your Orientation needs. Email email@example.com with any questions.
If you did not attend Orientation on August 14, you must sign up for a make-up session to go over the required immigration information. Make-up sessions are held in Laurel Hall, and are organized by the International Student and Scholar Services office.
The Orientation and Transition Programs (OTP) website will be your primary resource for information about Orientation. They will communicate with you through email about the schedule and how to register–look for emails from OTP to sign up!
INTO CSU Conditionally Admitted Students
Conditionally admitted students who are beginning classes at INTO CSU, please refer to INTO CSU Orientation. If you are matriculating from INTO CSU to become a fully-enrolled CSU student, then attend Orientation for International Students–see above.
Mandatory Immigration Document Review
All new international students and scholars are required to complete a mandatory Immigration Document Review shortly after arriving in the U.S. Learn more about this requirement here.
For more information about orientation, please contact Bronwen Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org.