William J. & Jean S. Griswold Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2018 Griswold Scholarship Winners!
Michaela is majoring in Spanish and Languages, Literatures, and Cultures and minoring in International Development. She has studied Spanish for eight years, and has most enjoyed the Spanish culture classes she has taken. She is actively involved in CSU’s Global Awareness and International Affairs club (GAIA), which joins international and domestic students in weekly conversation on diverse topics. She studied abroad in India last year, which helped her determine she wants to work in community development outside of the U.S. She will spend this winter in Costa Rica, through CSU’s School of Social Work.
Eloise is majoring in Biological Anthropology with a minor in German. She is an active member of CSU’s German Club for the past two years, and has been an officer for the past year. She has participated in many of their events, from film nights, to conversational groups, hosting a booth at World Unity Fair, and other activities. Through German Club, she found out about a German exchange program in Bamberg, which she will be participating in for the 2018-2019 academic year. This summer, she is participating in a paleontology field school through CSU. After graduation, she plans to continue her anthropologic studies.
Griswold Scholarship Application
Two $1,000 scholarship awards are given to Colorado State University students each spring. The scholarship is awarded based on depth of studies in the college-level academic fields of history and foreign language, as well as contribution to the greater Colorado State University international community. All students who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet all requirements to be eligible. Griswold Scholarship Requirements:
- Be a current full-time student who has completed one year (2 semesters) at CSU by the end of Fall 2017
- Be continuing full-time studies at CSU through at least May 2019;
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA while at Colorado State University;
- Demonstrated academic involvement in college-level foreign languages AND college-level history courses (AP courses do not count);
- Demonstrated involvement in and commitment to international activities/leadership on the Colorado State University campus.