William J. & Jean S. Griswold Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Griswold Scholarship Winners!
Madison is majoring in French Languages, Literatures, and Cultures and minoring in Chinese and Linguistics. She has taken CSU history courses in World History and Asian Civilizations. She is vice president of the Chinese club, where she organizes club events and participates in traditional dragon dances. She studies Korean in her spare time. After teaching English in South Korea for a year, she plans to pursue a master’s degree in linguistics or foreign language translation and interpretation.
Brandon is triple majoring in History, International Studies, and Spanish. Accordingly, he has taken numerous history and language courses at CSU. Brandon is also incredibly involved in international activities on campus. He lived in Global Village, a diverse and international residence hall, and he is now president of the Global Awareness and International Affairs (GAIA) club, which brings the international and domestic communities together. He is also a Cultural Mentor in the Office of International Programs, where he will help new international students in their adjustment to CSU and the Fort Collins communities. After he graduates, Brandon would like to serve in the Peace Corps, and then go on to law school or pursue a graduate degree in history.
Find more information on application details here.
Griswold Scholarship Application
Two $1,000 scholarship awards are given to Colorado State University students each spring. The scholarship is awarded based on depth of studies in the college-level academic fields of history and foreign language, as well as contribution to the greater Colorado State University international community. All students who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet all requirements to be eligible. Griswold Scholarship Requirements:
- Be a current full-time student who has completed one year (2 semesters) at CSU by the end of Fall 2017
- Be continuing full-time studies at CSU through at least May 2019;
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA while at Colorado State University;
- Demonstrated academic involvement in college-level foreign languages AND college-level history courses (AP courses do not count);
- Demonstrated involvement in and commitment to international activities/leadership on the Colorado State University campus.